The event proper starts at lunchtime on Wednesday 7th August 2019. Following on from the Opening Ceremony, you can expect:
- Talks: over 90 talks from Tolkien scholars, academics and fans, from members and non-members from the UK and across the world.
- Art show: Taking place at the Medicine Bakery – open free to the public – and open at the same time as the bakery is (8.30am till 6.30pm Monday to Saturday) this will have over a dozen Tolkien artists and feature the Tolkien tapestries, the first time they’ve been outside of France.
- Panels: around 10 panels discussing all manners of Tolkien’s works, such as publishing, illustrating and adapting Tolkien.
- Workshops: your opportunity to embrace your creative side. Learn how to paint with watercolours, create jewellery, and grow a beard!
- Archival display: telling the history of the Tolkien Society and displaying the most precious items from our archives.